Mother Teresa
(来自特蕾莎修女的一首小诗)
People are often unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered;
人们经常会不讲道理、逻辑混乱、以自我为中心,
Forgive them anyway.
原谅他们吧;
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives;
如果你善良,人们会说你自私自利、别有用心,
Be kind anyway.
不管怎样,还是要善良;
If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies;
如果你成功,你会赢得一些假的朋友和真的敌人,
Succeed anyway.
但还是要成功;
If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you;
如果你诚实与坦率,会更容易受到欺骗和伤害,
Be honest and frank anyway.
无论如何,还是要诚实与坦率;
What you spend years building,someone could destroy overnight;
你耗费数年所建设的东西可能毁于一旦,
Build anyway.
但还是要建设;
If you find serenity and happiness,they may be jealous;
如果你找到了平静和幸福,人们可能会嫉妒你,
Be happy anyway.
无论如何,还是要快乐;
The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow;
你今天所做的好事,明天就会被遗忘,
Do good anyway.
无论如何,还是要做好事;
Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough;
将你所拥有最好的东西献给世界,可能还是远远不够,
Give the world the best you’ve got anyway.
但还是要尽你所能;
You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God;
你看,说到底,它是你和上帝之间的事,
It never was between you and them anyway.
它从来不是你和他们之间的事。
So, do it anyway.
去做吧。